Translation not updated - key overriding (7.6 version)

Hi, we are using the 7.6 version of c3 Enterprise. We have problem with the override of translation when the key are the same that are in the translation file inside c3 platform.

For example, we want to override the translation in Setting menu, we have added this key entry (and other) in out it.csv file :
it.C3.view.Navigation.switchLocaleText,it,C3.view.Navigation.switchLocaleText

But in italian I see always the english tanslation. I underline that in 7.2 this override works correctly.

How can we solve this issue?

Thanks,
Laura

0 Likes

Are you sure this is the translation being used? It could be a new locale switcher component with separate translations.

0 Likes

Hi, ok but how can I find the correct one? In 7.2 this configuration works, I need to know what is changed and how.

I add that I have another problem with keys. In the Facility page, whole building tab, if I select Italian language, in the Interval menu I have 2 entry not translated: in this case I see the translation key. I tryied even in this case to add a record in my it.csv file but nothing change. How can I solve this other issue?

Thanks,
Laura

0 Likes

Can you fetch Translation objects to look for one with the text that you are seeing?

c3ShowType(Translation)

Translation.fetch({filter: Filter.contains('value', '____')});

For this issue, you should add two translations to it.csv:

id,locale,key,value
it.C3.view.Timeline.HourText,it,C3.view.Timeline.HourText,_____
it.C3.view.Timeline.YearText,it,C3.view.Timeline.YearText,_____

Verify your changes using an incognito browser window, as sometimes the translations can be cached by the browser.

0 Likes

Hi Matt,
thanks. I found translations for Setting menu under

C3.action.ShowUserSettingsPopover

And I found translation for interval under (I don’t know why when I used this key in the past it didn’t work!)

C3.view.Timeline

Thanks for the support,
Laura

0 Likes