Python not Working in C3 Docker

I’m getting an error when I try to run any python functionality in my local docker image.

JavaException: c3.love.exceptions.C3RuntimeException: Failed during the creation of ActionRuntime 'Obj<ActionRuntime> [,]', a_step='environment creation', a_error='c3.love.exceptions.C3RuntimeException: wrapped IOException: Cannot run program "/usr/local/share/c3/conda/bin/conda": error=2, No such file or directory

at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start
    at c3.engine.action.CondaActionRuntimeMethods.osCommand (CondaActionRuntimeMethods.java:392)' (MLSerialPipeline_train.js#167)```

It happens any time I try to execute something with Python code. Is there a step I missed when setting up the docker image or something I need to add in the `docker-compose.yaml` file?

By default Python is not installed or enabled in the C3 Docker container.

To enable python you will need to exec into the container, navigate to /usr/local/bin, and install conda using ./c3-conda install none. If it fails with the following error: /c3-conda: line 208: type: conda: not found, enable conda in your shell via:

echo "export PATH=/usr/local/share/c3/conda/bin:$PATH" >> /root/.bashrc
source /root/.bashrc

And re-run ./c3-conda install none

This should enable conda in the container. Its been a while since I have done this so I could be missing a step.

There is a chance that the existing conda installation scripts point to a private C3 repo that you do not have access to. If that is the case I’ll see what can be done to work around it.

Thanks for the reply. It does seem that it’s pointing to a C3 repo I can’t access. Is there any way around this?

Can you send us the error message?

I’m investigating alternatives with C3 IT. The conda repository referenced in c3-conda points to a private repo. I’ll need to see if we can make it public.

Here is the error message Installer https://artifacts.c3-e.com/v1/artifacts/file-repo/files/Miniconda2-4.3.21-Linux-x86_64.sh not found (0) As Scott says it looks like I don’t have access to this repository.

A Jira ticket has been created to have Python pre-installed with the C3 Server container. A new version of the container with Python installed should be available in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks, will look out for it.