Load XML after creating types form inferType

I followed the examples provided in How to generate source types for XML and How to write contents of inferred types to C3 type files.

Now I need to load the xml to the platform. Usually I would do this with a curl command like this

curl -v -H “Content-Type: application/xml” -X PUT --data-binary @/Users/ericmurray/documents/c3/DISA/ce/seed/sampleData.xml http://localhost:8080/import/1/ce/prod/[Canaonical]/sampleData.xml -u BA:BA

But I don’t have a traditional canonical. The catalog type is ‘supposed’ to serve as the canonical/source file for the xml. I tried creating a file source collection object for the catalog. Here is the contents of that file called CatalogXML.json

{
“id”: “CatalogXML”,
“name”: “CatalogXML”,
“source”: {
“typeName”: “Catalog”
},
“sourceSystem”: {
“id”: “Legacy”
}
}

After I provision and try to curl the file, I get this error

metadata C3Error 2290.53 FileSourceCollection for CatalogXML doesn't exist! 0 NotClassified

But you can clearly see that the FileSourceCollection object exists

Any help on uploading the file after the infertypes are created and provisioned?

@eric.murray How is the Catalog.c3typ defined. Can you mix Catalog.c3typ with Source provision and run the curl command again.
you can check the definition using c3ShowType(Catalog) on static console.

Also inferType method takes InferTypeSpec as input - @see c3ShowType(InferTypeSpec) for more details. Note that InferTypeSpec.baseType can be used to make sure new type mixes desired base type like Source