How includeSpec works in DFE annotation

Hi, I have a question about includeSpec in the DFE annotation. I tried looking at c3ShowType(Ann), but the doc didn’t answer the question I had in mind.

@DFE(interval=‘DAY’,
period=‘DAY’,
includeSpec=‘activeAsset.assetType’,
lastNWindows=‘1’)
remix type MyDFE {
mlField1: DFEonMetric1
mlField2: DFEonMetric2
}

Will MyDFE be triggered on instances for which ‘activeAsset.assetType’ is not set? Or does the includeSpec work in a way that it only triggers if the instances have ‘activeAsset.assetType’ set. I’m wondering if includeSpec works like a filter in the case that the value of the includeSpec is not set.

I’m having issues where my DFEs are not being triggered, and I was wondering if this could be the root cause. Thanks!

0 Likes

includeSpec is not used in invalidation(triggering). It is used for getting the Source with requested IncludeSpec, so the Analytic process function can use if needed.

0 Likes

Analytic triggering is based on metric used in the Dfe definiton.

0 Likes

Thanks, Pavan! Here’s a more specific question:
Instance1 of my type (DFE is based on this type) has includeSpec value set.
Instance2 of my type (DFE is based on this type) has includeSpec value not set.

Both the above instances have been invalidated. I’m wondering whether Instance1 will fire MyDFE (trigger the analytic) but Instance2 will not, even though it has been invalidated. Are you saying that MyDFE will be triggered for both instances?

0 Likes

IncludeSpec has no bearing on triggering. Check you metric definition. path and tsDecl will determine invalidation.

0 Likes