Fetch the next record after a specific ID that also satisfies a filter

I have a specific record ID and a FetchSpec, and I’m interested in finding the next record after that ID that also satisfies that FetchSpec (e.g. filter and order). How would I do this in the Type System?

The only solution I can think of is to fetch in batches (limits and offsets, in addition to the filter and order) until my record appears in a batch, then return the next record.

Type.fetch({filter: Filter.gt("id", "THE_LAST_ID").and("YOUR_CURRENT_FILTER"), limit: 1})

This only works if the FetchSpec is ordering by ID, which is not always the case.

i don’t believe thats true. The “order” in a fetch spec specifies the order of the returned data, not the order of the data in the db.

For example,

Type.fetch({filter: Filter.gt("someField", "someValue"), order: "someOtherField"})

works as expected.

In any case. Then add “order: ‘id’” to your spec?

I see now, I mistook the gt("id", "THE_LAST_ID") as an assumption that the ordering was being done by IDs.

But, if this fetch is limited to 2000, and my “id of interest” is not returned, then it doesn’t work.

Maybe rephrasing the problem will help… there are 100,000 records and I “pick” record 5300.

According to some filter and order (that I know satisfies 5300) the items returned are:
[4343,6534,123,65465,…,5300,400,…,2132,5454,1231]
But without setting a limit:-1, I have no guarantee that 5300 or 400 is returned according to the filter and order.

I need something that will tell me 400.